Coronavirus (COVID-19) Frequently Asked Questions
Your frequently asked questions
All SUEZ sites are operating across the country, please find your local SUEZ facility. for any changes.
We have developed a pandemic response plan, in addition to our business continuity plans, which have escalating control measures, including safe hygiene practices, compartmentalisation, and isolation of relevant workers.
You may experience some delays in attending a site. We appreciate your patience and support. Safeguarding our teams, our customers, our communities, supply chains and business continuity is our top priority.
Find your local SUEZ facility.
We have undertaken strict measures, in line with government advice, to limit the spread of the virus, via isolation and following hygiene protocols:
- Keep minimum 1.5 metre distance where possible between personnel
- Use appropriate PPE
- Social distancing where practicable, including working from home
- Restrict all gatherings i.e.: no face to face Toolbox talks, conduct these via recorded means or distribute on paper
- Segregate different contract personnel
- Arrange different start times in order to limit contact
- Clear personnel from site quickly following shift completion
- Limit/avoid contact with the public
- Split teams / alternative work sites or days
Strictly follow recommended hygiene requirements:
- Hand sanitiser for sites and all vehicles
- Logon systems to be sanitised
- Regularly disinfect surfaces
SUEZ is currently continuing to operate. We have robust business continuity plans in place to maintain service delivery to our customers and clients.
You may see a change in service times as rerouting has taken place due to some customer site closures. Some service days might need to be changed, we will advise you and work with you accordingly.
We have robust business continuity plans in place to maintain service delivery to our customers. SUEZ has also developed a pandemic response plan, in addition to its business continuity plans, which has escalating control measures, including safe hygiene practices, compartmentalisation, and isolation of relevant workers.
The measures we have in place are being continuously reviewed and assessed and will be updated as required depending on the development of the situation.
To organise a medical or hazardous waste collection, please call SUEZ on 13 13 35.
SUEZ has implemented a range of measures to protect our customers, staff, contractors and communities:
Customer sites and services
- If a SUEZ employee tests positive for COVID-19, we will inform all customer sites that have been serviced by the employee and advise if the employee has been in close contact with other people
- We’re working closely with our contractors to implement increased safety protocols with all personnel that provide services directly to our customers
- Supplier reviews / questionnaires and supplier business continuity plans are being requested and reviewed.
SUEZ offices and employees
- SUEZ employees have been advised to self-isolate and inform their manager if they are exhibiting flu-like symptoms or breathing difficulty and to immediately contact a medical practitioner should these symptoms develop
- SUEZ employees have also been asked to notify their manager if they test positive to COVID-19; and must provide a medical certificate proving they are fit for work before they return
- Hygiene and preventative practice factsheets and posters have been circulated to all staff and sites
- Visitors and contractors arriving at SUEZ sites are being reduced and we have implemented changes to our site sign-in process to identify and exclude at-risk individuals
SUEZ is working hard to ensure that our operations meet and exceed internationally recognised standards of quality, safety and environmental management. All of our trucks are disinfected and cleaned on a regular basis and our drivers follow rigorous hygiene practices in the handling of your waste.
We have proactively contacted our customers to let them know the detailed measures we have put in place to keep our sites and services operating.
The measures we have put in place are being continuously reviewed and assessed, and will be updated depending on the development of the COVID-19 situation. These are unprecedented circumstances for all of us and the safety and wellbeing of our customers, staff, contractors and communities remain SUEZ’s top priority.
We are continuously monitoring and assessing the situation and will be updating this page with additional information and questions, as soon as we have them, so please check back when you can.