We respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and, in particular, the 13 Australian Privacy Principles, which deal with the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
In relation to your information collected in Australia we respect your rights to privacy under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and, in particular, the 13 Australian Privacy Principles, which deal with the collection, management and disclosure of your personal information.
A reference to the Privacy Act under this policy is a reference to the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) or the New Zealand Privacy Act 1998 as the context may require.
What is your personal information?
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- mail, email and street addresses;
- telephone and facsimile numbers;
- profession, occupation, job title and work history;
- bank details;
- photos and videos;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us, or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services, respond to your enquiries and generally to complete any commercial transaction between us;
- details of the products and services that we may purchase, have purchased or enquired about from you, together with any additional information necessary for us to respond to your enquiries and generally to complete any commercial transaction between us;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our websites or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide to us through our service centre, customer surveys and/or visits by, or telephone calls from, our representatives from time to time.
We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect anonymous answers to surveys or aggregated information about how users use our website.
For what purposes do we collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions, and provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for purposes including:
- to provide products and services to you and to send communications requested by you;
- to answer your enquiries and provide information or advice about existing and new products or services;
- to provide you with access to protected areas of our website;
- to assess the performance of the website and to improve the operation of the website;
- for the administrative, marketing (including direct marketing), planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes of SUEZ, its related bodies corporate, contractors and/or suppliers;
- to provide your updated personal information to our related bodies corporate, contractors or suppliers;
- to update our records and keep your contact details up to date;
- to process and respond to any complaint made by you;
- to contact and/or pay you for or in connection with products or services you provide us;
- to comply with any law, rule, regulation, lawful and binding determination, decision or direction of a regulator, or in co-operation with any governmental authority of any country (or political sub-division of a country).
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
- we may not be able to provide the requested products or services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
- we may not be able to provide you with information about products and services that you may want;
- we may be unable to tailor the content of our websites to your preferences and your experience of our websites may not be as enjoyable or useful;
- we may be unable to contact and/or pay you in respect of products or services you provide to us; or
- we may not be able to purchase goods and/or services from you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We collect your personal information directly from you where it is reasonable or practicable to do so, such as, for example, in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- when you complete an application, purchase order, agreement or related paperwork;
- through your participation in our procurement processes;
- security cameras at our premises; or
- inboard vehicle and other camera and video systems.
We may also collect your personal information from third parties including, for example, from credit reporting agencies, business data providers, professional and/or industry associations, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
To whom may we disclose your information?
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our employees, related bodies corporate, contractors or suppliers for the purposes of operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, and to otherwise provide products and services to you including, without limitation, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, data entry suppliers, electronic network administrators, regulators and other government authorities (e.g. the various state environment protection and work health and safety agencies) and professional advisors such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants;
- our clients, in response to their requests for details about the products and/or services we have purchased from you;
- suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing, and related purposes; and
- any organisation for any authorised purpose with your express consent.
We may combine or share any information that we collect from you with information collected by any of our related bodies corporate.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone outside Australia?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information. We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
- our related bodies corporate located in France, Singapore, Malaysia and New Zealand; and
- our data hosting and other IT suppliers, located in the United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Spain, Chile, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, USA, Sweden, Finland, India, Morocco, Philippines and Malta.
The list of locations of our related bodies corporate is not exhaustive and may be updated from time to time. For more information, please contact our Privacy Officer.
Direct marketing materials
Third-party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
How can you access and correct your personal information?
What is the process for complaining about a breach of privacy?
For information about our practices relating to credit information, please view our separate credit policy a copy of which is available at www.suez.com.au
Privacy Officer: SUEZ Australia Holding Pty Ltd
Post: Level 4, 3 Rider Boulevard, Rhodes NSW 2138
Tel: (02) 8754 0000
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
In most cases, we will ask that you put your request in writing to us. We will investigate your complaint and use reasonable endeavours to respond to you in writing within 30 days of receiving the written complaint. If we fail to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receiving it in writing, or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you have the right, depending on the jurisdiction, to make a complaint to the applicable regulator.