Will SUEZ accept my printer cartridges?
We recommend our customers take advantage of the free of charge 'Cartridges for Planet Ark' service. Cartridges under this program are sent to Close the Loop for recycling.
Under this program all these items can be recycled to ensure nothing goes to landfill:
- Inkjet and laser cartridges
- Toner bottles
- Drum kits
- Fuser kits
- Fax photocopier or printer cartridges
Note, only 14 cartridge brands are eligible in the ‘Cartridges 4 Planet Ark' program.
Please visit our locations page to find a public drop-off facility near you or check your local council.
What else can I do with my printer cartridges?
You can drop off your used cartridges in specially marked boxes at participating Australia Post, Dick Smith and Harvey Norman outlets.
To reduce the number of printer cartridges you use, you might like to check your printer’s settings (normally accessed via “File / Print” and then the “Properties” button). There are a few settings you might like to consider:
- If you set your printer to use “Draft,” “Fast” or “Eco” settings by default, less ink will be used for everyday printing (colours will appear slightly washed-out and black will appear grey, but the quality is still acceptable for most printing).
- Some printers offer a “two-up” or “duplex” feature, which lets you print two pages onto one side of one sheet of paper. This will not only save ink, but also paper.
- Some printers can also print double-sided – this will save a huge amount of paper over time.
You can always override the default settings temporarily if you need a more professional finish.