Adelaide SUEZ-ResourceCo Recovery Facility
Find out more about our SUEZ-ResourceCo Recovery Facility*
*This site is not open to the public.
Lot 246, Wilkins Road, Wingfield SA 5013
Monday: 5:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 5:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 5:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 5:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 5:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 5:00am - 12:00 pm
This is a service centre only, there is no access to the public.
The SUEZ-ResourceCo Alternative Fuels facility was created to take advantage of synergies between three companies:
- SUEZ, which collects commercial & industrial (C&I) and construction & demolition (C&D) waste in the Adelaide region;
- ResourceCo, which recovers resources from C&I and C&D wastes;
- Adelaide Brighton Cement, which was seeking more environmentally sustainable solutions for energy supply to its cement kilns.
The SUEZ-ResourceCo partnership enabled the development of the alternative fuels facility which produces Process Engineered Fuel (PEF) as a replacement for fossil fuels to Adelaide Brighton Cement's specifications from C&D and C&I wastes. The fully automated SUEZ-ResourceCo plant in South Australia sorts the entire raw material stream into its various components. The process separates all raw materials and over 90% of the material is recycled.
- Following initial shredding, small aggregates and sand are screened out for recycling into road base materials.
- Contaminants are removed by hand sorting (for steel, concrete, and masonry), belt magnets (residual tramp metal, and a water bath (for residual sand, grit, glass and metal). Where possible, these items are recycled.
- The remaining materials are processed further to create PEF, with the process being flexible enough to incorporate additional stages of screening and size reduction to alter the final density and composition of the PEF.
The PEF produced by SUEZ-ResourceCo possesses significant calorific value and can be used as a fuel substitute for coal and gas in high combustion facilities.
SUEZ-ResourceCo's Wingfield facility has the capability to manufacture up to 350,000 tonnes of raw material per annum into approximately 100,000 to 150,000 tonnes of PEF: the first and only one of its kind in Australia.
At SUEZ, we take our responsibility to the safety of people and the environment seriously.
All visitors to SUEZ facilities must observe site safety requirements, including wearing enclosed footwear at all times.
SUEZ Environment Report Hotline
SUEZ has a dedicated Environment Report Hotline for anyone living, or working, near one of our facilities in New South Wales and Victoria.
The hotline has been set up to receive feedback on environmental matters which are sometimes associated with recycling and waste management facilities – like odours, noise, dust and mud tracking.
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your call will always be answered by a real person - not just an automated message - who will enter your feedback and forward it immediately to the staff at the facility. This allows us to take immediate action to determine the cause of any concerns you may have, and gives us the best chance of rectifying the situation quickly.
A SUEZ employee will endeavour to contact you within 24 hours with feedback on your report.
To provide your feedback, please call:
NSW/VIC - 1800 ENV REP (1800 368 737)