SUEZ Taylors Road Landfill Smart Cell®
The Taylors Road smart cell® (highly engineered landfill) located in Dandenong South, about 30km south-east of Melbourne, Victoria.
It was the first fully engineered smart cell® in Australia!
This smart cell® is an important public resource for Victoria as it accepts waste from municipal, commercial and industrial sources.
Find out more about our Smart Cell Landfill*
*This site is not open to the public.
All loads must be approved and booked with the facility
Taylors Road Engineered landfill:
Monday: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Tuesday: 7:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday:7:00am – 3:00pm
Thursday:7:00am – 3:00pm
Friday:7:00am – 3:00pm
(outside the hours by arrangement)
Saturday: By arrangement
Sunday: By arrangement
Public holidays: Closed from the 23rd of December to the 1st of January.
SUEZ Ventia Joint Venture Soil processing Facility:
Monday - Sunday: 24 hours (by arrangement)
Public Holidays: 24 hours (by arrangement)
Trading hours during public holidays:
Monday, 16 December 2019 – Friday, 20 December 2019: 7:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday, 21 December 2019 – Wednesday, 1 January 2020: Closed
Christmas Day: Closed
Boxing Day: Closed
New Years Day: Closed
Thursday, 2 January 2020 – Sunday, 5 January 2020: 7:00 am - 3:00pm (SUEZ Ventia - Closed)
Monday, 6 January 2020 – Thursday, 9 January 2020: 7:00 am - 3:00pm
- Taylors Road Engineered Landfill
- SUEZ Ventia Joint Venture (SVJV) Soil processing Facility
The site has been specifically designed to include a variety of environmental protection measures including strict waste acceptance and handling procedures, side and basal liner systems, collection and treatment of leachate (wastewater generated within the smart cell®), collection and use of biogas, groundwater and surface water management, and detailed environmental monitoring and reporting.
These measures meet or exceed requirements set out in the facility's operating licences issued by the EPA.
Taylors Road Landfill policy
Site not open to public
- Customer account (criteria of eligibility)
Accepted waste types:
- Contaminated waste
- Liquid waste
Discover our biogas calculator
Our Taylors Road site is now hosting a Newly commisined join venture for soil processing facility: SUEZ Ventia Joint Venture.
SVJV Soil Processing Facility policy
Site not open to public
- Customer account (criteria od eligibility)
Accepted waste types:
The site has has also achieved accreditation under the Australian Standard AS4801 for its Occupational Health and Safety system.
Any waste received at our Taylors Road smart cell® is subject to rigorous materials handling procedures including visual inspection and logging of all material on its arrival at the weighbridge.
- Customer disposing of prescribed waste at Taylors Road must adhere to the following procedure (for each load disposed at the smart cell®):
- Customers must get a waste sample analysed by a certified laboratory. The laboratory forwards sampling results to SUEZ so that it can be checked for compliance against its licence.
- The customer is also required to send a reference waste sample to SUEZ, which is checked against the requirements of the licence and SUEZ’s environment management standards.
- If both samples are compliant, the waste is booked in for delivery to Taylors Road facility.
- When the vehicle arrives, a sample is taken from the load and checked against the reference sample and further on-site testing of the load sample is undertaken.
- If compliant, the vehicle is permitted to enter the site for delivery of the waste.
To service this need SUEZ is proposing to establish a Soil Processing Facility at its already established Taylors Road smart cell® site. The proposed site would make use of proven technology and best practice waste reduction solutions to either reduce the contamination loading of soils or produce material that can be reused, and be used by SUEZ and other specialised waste service providers.
All visitors to SUEZ facilities must observe site safety requirements, including wearing enclosed footwear at all times.
SUEZ Environment Report Hotline
SUEZ has a dedicated Environment Report Hotline for anyone living, or working, near one of our facilities in New South Wales and Victoria.
The hotline has been set up to receive feedback on environmental matters which are sometimes associated with recycling and waste management facilities – like odours, noise, dust and mud tracking.
This service is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your call will always be answered by a real person - not just an automated message - who will enter your feedback and forward it immediately to the staff at the facility. This allows us to take immediate action to determine the cause of any concerns you may have, and gives us the best chance of rectifying the situation quickly.
A SUEZ employee will endeavour to contact you within 24 hours with feedback on your report.
To provide your feedback, please call:
NSW/VIC - 1800 ENV REP (1800 368 737)